“Join us to give mother nature a run for her money, using her tools to battle signs of ageing!”
The moment I turned 30, a lot of things changed – my personality, my likes, and dislikes, etc. My entire perspective about life basically took a turn, some for the better and some, for the worst. One thing didn’t though, and it was my relationship with collagen consumption!
Ever since I got introduced to collagen and the benefits tied to it, I was a believer and I consistently consume it.
So, what is collagen?
- Collagen is the most abundant protein in your body.
- It is the major component in our connective tissues that make up several body parts, including tendons, ligaments, skin, and muscles.
- Collagen has many important functions, including providing your skin with structure and strengthening your bones.
- In recent years, collagen supplements have become popular. Most are hydrolysed, which means the collagen has been broken down, making it easier for you to absorb.
- There are also several types of food you can eat to increase your collagen intake, including pork skin and bone broth.
- It is said that collagen offers a variety of health benefits, from relieving joint pain to improving skin health.
But honestly, I cared only about trying to prolong the effects of ageing. It is bound to happen but I’d prefer it happening really slowly and gracefully.
I’m not big on beauty or wellness brands, anyone that knows me will testify to it. The most I do is my hair, which in recent years, it has been taking the back seat as well. But circa 2016/17, when a friend of mine, who I refer to as Mama Bear, started her collagen brand, she was basically the go-to for me.
Then, the brand was named something else – doesn’t matter right now, but after the rebranding and upgrades, I love it more than EVER.
It’s called Nutribear Collagen!
Now, you must be wondering, ‘What can Nutribear do for me?’
Nutribear collagen is derived from premium granulated hydrolysed fish collagen, without any filler ingredients. It contains only the bare essentials – aptly named The Bear Essential – and nothing more.
This basically means you get 100 percent of what you pay for.
With Nutribear collagen, those signs of ageing can be paws-ed, and even reversed to a certain extent!
I’d go on and on about it but I guess you can read more on their website – it will be able to answer most of your queries.
One thing that draws me toward this collagen brand, aside from the fact that I love Joo Chin (the Founder), was my attraction toward the bear-branding. I’ve always had a thing for bears. The fact that Joo Chin is an advocate for animals does make me relate to the brand a lot more.
The mission here?
Nutribear wants to demystify the traditional concept of collagen by delivering it in the best way we know: bare and clean, with a dash of fun and science.
Armed with their goal to paw-sitively impact the lives of 100,000 people by 2023, they hope to see health breakthroughs so we can live our best life. And that is not all, every purchase helps save seriously endangered and lovable animals!
I’m always up to help a good cause. After all, that’s one of the pillars of PINC – to give back!
Now, without further ado, let me introduce Mama Bear to you!
Joo Chin aka Mama Bear is devoted to two causes;
- The first is a commitment to living your best life – one of health, physical fitness, and wellness.
- The other is a deep, irrational, yet wholehearted love for fuzzy-wuzzy bears.
As a certified vet, Joo Chin herself has seen and experienced firsthand the positive effects of collagen. Your body is your tool, and if your body is well taken care of, you’d have one less thing to worry about, and can instead focus on other things.
You can read more here.
I am part of the bear family! Come, join the gang!
Tags: anti-ageing beauty collagen fish collagen fitness health Joo Chin Mama Bear Nutribear wellness wildlife conservation