You’ll consider your privacy and security settings, and discover how what you post might impact different audiences.
You’ll also explore the suitability of different online platforms for your social media presence and discover the impact that conduct and tone can have on your professional reputation online.
What topics will you cover?
- Explore the concept of online presence for professional purposes
- Evaluate your online presence for employability
- Evaluate the most suitable platform for your needs
- Identify different classes of communication strategies using different platforms and formats
- Develop and plan for developing and maintaining your own effective online professional presence
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Explain the direct and indirect activities that contribute to online presence
- Evaluate your online presence
- Improve your personal professional presence
- Compare different platforms to analyse their suitability for your needs
- Classify communications strategies
- Develop a plan for an effective online presence
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for people who have digital skills but would like to build confidence in using digital technology in the workplace.
This may include those studying for A-levels, those who have a degree or those who want to improve their career prospects.
The course will also be useful for anyone in employment who wants to boost their digital skills or anyone returning to the workplace who’d like to gain confidence in how working practices has evolved.
You might also be interested in the other courses in the Digital Skills for the Workplace collection from the University of Leeds and the Institute of Coding.
Who will you learn with?
Digital content/community/ transformation consultant, facilitator and trainer with 22+ years of industry experience.
Also passionate about neurodiversity and ethical business.
Drinks a lot of tea.