Boosting Quality Through Effective Self-Assessment
Standards alone do not boost the quality of a child care program. Consistent, appropriate, effective practice and assessment go a long way to increase the level of quality a program provides.
Join me as we take a serious look at the partnership between standards, practice, and assessment. We will discuss, in broad terms, the ways in which each component supports or hinders quality. We will design a bullet-proof self-assessment questionnaire that you cannot fail. Finally, we will discover how powerful personality and learning styles are at influencing our judgement of best practice.
Note: Price is in USD.
Intended for Level 2 (skilled) and Level 3 (Mastery) early childhood professionals. This course is NAC approved for training credit through the Iowa AEYC. Some restrictions apply. For information on receiving a certificate for 1.5 hours of clock time towards your NAC accreditation or renewal of accreditation, please contact the instructor prior to enrolling in the course as special discounts may be available.
Who this course is for:
- This course is intended for Level 2 (skilled) and 3 (Mastery) child care professionals.
- This course is intended for skilled and practising child care professionals: Center Directors and Staff Center/Preschool/Head Start Directors/Program Administrators/Assistant Directors Home Providers and Staff Practitioners of Children with Special Needs Practitioners of Infants and Toddlers Preschool Directors and Staff Preschool Teachers Program Administrators, Directors, Owners School Age Care Homeschooling parents In-home family child care, providers
- This course is not intended for casual child care providers, such as babysitters or nannies.
What you’ll learn
- Identify important early childhood agencies and their positions
- Identify and recognize the quality that already exists in the classrooms
- Boost awareness of standards and practices that may hinder quality
- Recognize the relationships between standards, practice, and assessment
- Promote deeper thinking of how self-assessments can lead to better quality
- Illustrate how the synergy of standards, practices, and self-assessments impact educator effectiveness
- Understand how learning styles influence the quality of early learning programs and effective self-assessment
- You will need a working knowledge of the child development domains and a basic understanding of how children learn. These topics are not discussed in this course.